Tuesday, August 4, 2015

I've tried MPU-6050: 3-axis gyroscope and a 3-axis accelerometer

I bought a Raspberry Pi 2 on April, but I left it as it is for a while. I started using Raspberry Pi 2 again recently. I decided to try some sensor modules because Raspberry Pi can control those devices easily.

I bought MPU-6050 by 400 yen. It has 3-axis gyroscope, a 3-axis accelerometer, and temperature sensor. It can be controlled via I2C. I soldered pin-headers and inserted it into a breadboard.

There are open source libraries of I2C communication for Raspberry Pi. I can find the assigned address for I2C by using "i2cdetect" command. I referred Reading data from the MPU-6050 on the Raspberry Pi for how to control MPU-6050. 3D graphics shows well how gyroscope detects the movement.

I could learn characteristic of analog electronic circuit by actually trying sensors.

No comments:

Post a Comment